Friday, March 14, 2014

Black & White Kentish Rain Soap

As promised, here is a soap post! One of my co-workers requested a guy soap for her beloved, something manly, but clean, and moisturizing but exfoliating at the same time. I ended up going with the Kentish Rain scent, one of my favorites from the Men's Sampler from Bramble Berry. It is very clean and soapy smelling, with just a hint of hot guy running through it. She definitely loved it, and honestly, I always think the partner of the person using the soap has more of a say in how the soap smells since they are the ones who have to smell it, right?





Half the soap was colored with the Titanium Dioxide mixture I keep on hand, while the other half was colored with 1/2 tsp of Black Oxide mixed into 1oz of Olive Oil. I had originally planned on doing a simple spoon plop layer, but the batter was very slow to trace and wouldn't thicken up enough. I ended up just using a simple layer on layer of the colors and then using a spoon to mxi them together, a very simple Celine Swirl if you will, that didn't really swirl. It gelled in the mold, and although I wish it hadn't I am still quite pleased with the look of it. The scent retained quite nicely, and still is strong after almost 8 weeks. I will definitely be ordering more of this one!

Recipe

  • Sweet Almond Oil - 10%
  • Coconut Oil, 76 Degrees - 30%
  • Mango Butter - 5%
  • Palm Oil - 25%
  • Olive Oil - 30%
  • Superfat - 7%
  • 1tsp Ground Loofah
  • Titanium & Black Oxide for color
  • .5oz Kentish Rain FO
I made some new soap today, a facial bar. I have to wear a lot of makeup for my job. Not scary heavy, it looks great if I do say so myself, but I really have to go all out with foundation, bronzer, highlighter, blush, primers, eye shadows, and usually my cat eye liner with a colored liner over the top of that (again, it looks FAB!). I have been noticing that my fancy schmancy face cleansers do not take the stuff off my face like my handmade soap does, so I wanted to make something that would not only be beneficial to my skin, but also melt my war paint off my face without have to scrub. I just made it day, so it will be a few weeks before I share how it works, but I know I am not thrilled with the color. I used some Purple Brazilian Clay as a colorant and it just came out muddy. Not a big deal since I made it for me only, but still kind of sad it is not pretty. Oh well, soap and learn right?


4 comments:

  1. This is a nice manly looking soap, and Kentish Rain sounds wonderful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes you want to go cut a cord of wood, huh? Lol! I just saw your drop swirls on your blog. I definitely have to try that out on my next free day!

      Delete
  2. Great-looking guy soap, Sue! I love black and white together - the contrast is so striking. Kentish Rain sounds like a good manly scent. I think your co-worker and her guy will be very happy. Looking forward to hearing how your facial soap works, out, too. It sounds nice, even if it doesn't look quite as you hoped it would!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the facial soap will feel great on my skin, just the coloring is off. I will definitely post about it when it has cured enough for me to try it :)

      Delete

*Holding out piggy bank* I would love to get your $0.02!